Refine your Favi advertising. With MERGADO you can easily get dimensions of goods into parameters
Do you sell furniture through the specialized Favi comparison engine? MERGADO will help you speed up many tasks you used to do manually. Today we’ll show you 2 practical procedures for working with the feed — how to divide dimensions by height, width and depth and how to get them from description to parameters.
1. How to divide dimensions from parameters on Favi
You specify the dimensions of the goods in the Favi feed in the following way:
<PARAM> <PARAM_NAME>Dimensions</PARAM_NAME <VAL>124 cm x 60 cm x 30 cm </VAL> </PARAM>
1.1 How to split text parameter values into separate ones (height, width, depth)
- We create new variables that extract specific parts of the text using a regular expression.
- The regular expression may be slightly different for each case. If you need help with building it, we’ll be happy to help you on our support.
(\d+ cm).*?(\d+ cm).*?(\d+ cm)
1.2. How to fill values into individual elements (i.e. into specific parameters)
- Select Set product parameters rule.
- In it we use the prepared variables.
In the example, we use the selection for all products, but you can also apply the rule for creating product parameters only to specific selections. In these selections, you edit only those products that should have the selected parameters.
2. How to get dimensions from descriptions to parameters
In case you have dimensions in the product description (depending on which place), you need to get this dimension and put it into a variable.
Here is an example of a dimension that is at the end of DESCRIPTION, and the procedure demonstrating how to move it into a parameter using the created regular expression.
- On the Variables page, create a new variable.
- Select the input element from which you want to get the dimension.
- Enter the following value in the regular expression field: .+ (\w+)$
- Fill in the variable name, for example SIZE.
On the Rules page, create a new rule to populate the SIZE parameter, for example, an Override rule. Be sure to name the rule.
- Apply the selection to all products.
- In the Element field, click the label on the left side and select the SIZE parameter.
- In the New content between percentages field, type the recently created SIZE variable — %SIZE%.
- Save the rule and check it on the Products page.
If you have a unique problem with a product description, please contact our technical support team for assistance.
With MERGADO you can set up advertising for Favi yourself
Are you considering expanding into specialized comparison engines? With MERGADO, you can use the comparison engines’ formats you already use and convert them to the ones you currently need. With our virtual administrator, you can automate the management of data feeds yourself. This will speed up your day-to-day marketing tasks and save you the cost of programming work.
Wondering where MERGADO can help you refine your advertising and make it more profitable? Read practical guides and case studies.
Lukáš takes care of most of the Czech and English communication in Mergado. Through blogs, e‑mail, and social networks, he regularly supplies readers with e‑commerce news and news and tips from Mergado. In his time off, he enjoys simple things like badminton, digging the hidden gems of the 80’s, and seafood served with red wine.