What to do for efficient advertising during the quarantine?
The situation around SARS-CoV‑2 is difficult. But this does not mean that your online store should not work effectively. However, there are a few steps you need to take to make sure your advertising will work correctly. Let us describe what the steps are.
All business will now be online
Action taken by the governments in response to current events will affect the market. One of the important changes is shifting interest from in-store purchases to online stores. This gives your online store the opportunity to get a lot of traffic.
What to do to keep your store running:
Ensure stock availability and delivery time
- Keep track of internal statistics to see if your products are actually in stock.
- Update your feed as soon as you know the availability of your items will change.
- Make purchases starting with the most important goods.
- Communicate all information clearly — in a situation like this, the customer gets discouraged when the ordered goods are delivered later than you state, or not at all
Be in contact with delivery companies
- Delivery companies are now under pressure similar to that before Christmas, with the difference that security is more important at the moment.
- Follow their communication channels and take into account any changes the delivery companies might announce — here are links to frequently used services: DPD, UPS, DHL.
- Try to look for opportunities from other delivery companies.
Require payment by card
- Take care of the safety of employees, partners, and customers and avoid the possible transmission of the virus by cash payment — if you have not already done so, set the payment methods to card only.
Follow partners, Ministry of Health and competition feeds
- Check your partners’ information regularly to respond to changes.
- Keep track of changes in measures of the local Ministry of Health and the Government.
- If anything changes, notify your clients (it is different whether the store works normally or with restrictions) via email, social networks or your store blog.
- Get inspiration from the actions of the competition.
Take care of workplace hygiene
- If your employees do not work from home, do everything possible to ensure that their movement in the workplace complies with all hygiene regulations.
Our checklist contains only the extended basics of online stores setup in this unusual situation. Do you have any other ideas on how to improve stores operation? Share them below. Know that you are not alone for anything. Mergado is gets your back like many other partners who will help you with your advertising. And if we can do something to help you set up the advertising with Mergado, let us know — we’ll be happy to help.
Lukáš takes care of most of the Czech and English communication in Mergado. Through blogs, e‑mail, and social networks, he regularly supplies readers with e‑commerce news and news and tips from Mergado. In his time off, he enjoys simple things like badminton, digging the hidden gems of the 80’s, and seafood served with red wine.