The goal of every e-shopper and marketer is to speed up the work of setting up advertising. In Mergado, in addition to the usual tasks, you can now reduce the time of data import and export by using Google Sheets. Let's show you how to use this function.
Google Sheets is a convenient tool for catalog management
Google Sheets is a popular tool used to create spreadsheets. With it, you can not only monitor data from Mergado, filter it, or share it with team members but also speed up the import and export of data in Mergado thanks to the newly added feature. Let's see how you set everything up.
Export data to Google Sheets
- Export to Google Sheets takes place in the standard way via New Export.
- Enter the URL of the feed you want to export in the address.
- After downloading and analyzing the feed, either select an existing online store or create a new one.
- Then select the input format of the feed. Mergado can recognize it, but you can also choose it manually and define it if necessary.
- Select Google Sheets as the output format.
- Complete the export.
- Mergado will notify you if you do not have a connection set up in the Keychain application.
- Create a connection by signing in to your Google account.
- After a successful connection, you will be redirected back to creating a new export.
- Finish the creation.
- The resulting export is available on your Google drive under the name Your_online_store_input format_project id. The link is available in Mergado.
- Save your Google Account login to both the online store and the user.
- If a user tries to create a new store connection with a Google account and already has another store connected, the existing connection is going to be used.
- You can also create connections in the Keychain in advance.
Import data from Google Sheets
What you should know:
- The table must not contain data outside the named columns.
- Changes made to Google Sheets will not take effect in Mergado until they are regenerated.
- Google Sheets is not considered to be a format. It is therefore not possible to identify it at the input. The table can be of any format.
- Before entering into the Mergado interface, you must set up a table for sharing (path: Google - Get link - All users who have the link - Reader / Editor).
- Import from Google Sheets takes place in the standard way via New Export. Enter the URL of the spreadsheet into the address.
- Select either an existing online store or create a new one.
- Select the format that is included in the spreadsheet.
- Select the output format.
- Finish creating the export.
And that's all. Try this way to speed up export and import. Mergado offers many ways to work with feeds in bulk and automatically.