Blending Bull can download multiple input XML data feeds and combine them into a single output XML. It downloads files automatically and regularly. It creates one output file from them, which can be further processed. For example in Mergado.
Do you import data from multiple vendors, but your shop system can import it from only one feed? Do you need to process data in Mergado before importing it into the shop system? Combining input XML feeds into one output used to be challenging. But that's no longer the case - the Blending Bull app will speed up your work.
Blending Bull merges data feeds into one
Blending Bull can download multiple input XML data feeds and merge them into a single output XML. It downloads files automatically and regularly. It creates one output file from them, which can be further processed. Its setup is simple. In the administration, you can process everything yourself without the need to cooperate with the administrator.
How the Blending Bull app works
- The application is linked to the online store and works at the file level. It does not import products into the database. The user enters which part of the XML file to "delete" at the beginning and end and inserts the remaining data into the output XML feed.
- It automatically downloads input XML feeds. If the inputs change, it regenerates the output XML feed. If the input data does not change, it leaves the output XML feed as it is.
- It optimizes access to servers with input feeds. For example, if one wholesaler provides an XML feed to ten retailers and they use Blending Bull, the application downloads the input XML feed only once and then provides it for processing to all of them.
How to work with Blending Bull:
1. Add the feeds you want to combine to the "stack" → go to the (middle) tab "Input feeds" → click the button "New input feed".
2. Enter the feed URL and click "Create feed".
2a. Repeat steps 1 and 2 until you add all the feeds you want to combine to the "stack".
3. Go to the (first) "Output feeds" tab and click the "New output feed" button.
4. Enter the "Output feed name" and click the "New output feed" button. This will add the first feed that will be part of the output feed.
5. You can name the input feed in the "Name" field and select the one you want to use first in the "XML feed" drop-down menu.
- Let's say you work with three feeds. You use the field "Remove text from the end of the feed". Then you copy the end of the feed you want to delete. It often ends on the line containing the </CHANNEL> element.
- You remove this text because the next feed will form a continuation of the individual <ITEM>, and the terminating element must not remain here for the feed to be valid.
- Click "Save" - we have merged the first part of the feed.
5a. Repeat steps 3 and 4 for all feeds that you want to merge.
If we combine three (or more) feeds:
- remove the _footer_ first (see element </CHANNEL> above)
- in the middle, remove the _header_ and _footer_
- delete the _header_ at the end (i. e. all content before the individual <ITEM>)
6. After adding all input feeds that are to be merged into one output feed, finish its creation by saving it → with the "Save" button.
Note: After saving, it may take a while (approx. 1 minute) for the output URL address to be displayed in the table with the overview of output feeds.
7. Click the appropriate icon to copy the address of the output feed.
8. And that's all. You can edit the created output feed at any time via the pencil icon.
Import quality data straight into the online store. Combining feeds with the Blending Bull app will never be time-consuming again. Other apps will also help you streamline advertising. With Bidding Fox , you automatically set cost per click. With Feed Image Editor, you control product image management.