Merging Mole is an app available in the Mergado Store. It allows you to merge variant items in the store's feed (SHOPITEM) into a single item on the output. It eliminates duplicate products that are not desirable. E.g. if an ad contains images and the marketer does not want to show the same or a similar image multiple times.
How to link variants using Merging Mole app
Imagine you sell goods (typically lingerie) that has several variants, but their product images look the same and differ only in size. If you advertise these variant products on search engines, you need to merge them in your online store's XML. So that only one - the most beneficial - variant remains. That's exactly what Merging Mole can do. Quickly, clearly and automatically.
How Merging Mole works
- First you select a product query, to which should the options merging be applied. All queries created in Mergado are available. So the merging can be applied to either all product items in the feed or to some of them only.
- Then select an attribute that is used to search the product options and which of these options is to be kept.
One of the most common examples of using Merging Mole is linking by a price in the PRICE_VAT attribute. If you choose the Mole is to keep the cheaper item, the app keeps the cheaper item in the output feed and hides the more expensive item.
Examples of attributes that can be used to search for options
- Product names, e.g. PRODUCT, PRODUCTNAME etc. ITEMGROUP_ID
- other attributes from the input feed
Examples of attributes that can be used to decide which option to keep
- Price, e.g. PRICE_VAT, PRICE...
- Image, IMGURL
Examples of hidden options in practice
- Launch campaigns on fashion channels that don't accept product options.
- Product campaigns on Facebook; it is possible to use in combination with Feed Image Editor app.
- other examples
Make linking product variants easier by Merging Mole. It is another Mergado app, which has been created to speed up partial processes to get as much time as possible for complex strategy setting. Similar apps are Cronny Cuckoo or Pairing Bear - try them out. Soon you will see that they will make your Mergado using easier for you.